NU Choir Scholarships
Every year the Nevada Union Choir Booster Club awards scholarships to NU Choir students and alumni who are continuing their music education in college.
The NU Choir Booster Club is now accepting applications for the scholarships that will be awarded in 2018!
2018 Scholarship Opportunities
Three scholarships will be awarded to NU Choir students majoring in vocal or choral music.
Three scholarships will be awarded to NU Choir alumni majoring in vocal or choral music.
CONTINUING NU CHOIR STUDENTS
One scholarship will be awarded to a freshman, sophomore or junior NU Choir student to be used for vocal instruction.
Any NU Choir senior, NU Choir continuing student or NU Choir alumni who meet the above requirements may apply.
Applications will be accepted in one of two ways:
1. To apply online, submit all 3 of the requirements below (application, essay, and letters of recommendation).
* Deadline for all applications is 04/27/2018 *
Fill out the 2018 scholarship application in it's entirety.
Complete an essay explaining why you think you are a deserving recipient. The essay must be at least two pages, double spaced, one inch margins and 12 point font. Be sure to include the following:
- Your musical experience
- Your current and future musical plans
- Your need for this scholarship
- Where you see yourself in 10 years.
2 Letters of Recommendation
Email 2 letters of recommendation to the following email address:
1) One is to be from a person other than a member of the NU Choral Department who has knowledge of your music experience.
2) The other is to be from a person who has knowledge of your character.
- Both letters are to be from non-family members.
- Please be sure to include the date written and contact information of the writer (address, phone number and email address).
To receive payment of scholarship, proof of registration at an institution of higher education and proof of enrollment in classes leading to a degree in music as stipulated in the awarded scholarship, must be presented to the Nevada Union Choral Boosters Club.