NU Choir Scholarships
Every year the Nevada Union Choir Booster Club awards scholarships to seniors and NU Choir alumni who are continuing their music education in college. In 2016, the Booster Club gave away $7,000 to five outstanding students and alumni of the program.
The NU Choir Booster Club is now accepting applications for the scholarships that they'll be awarding in 2017!
Click here to view scholarship information, including eligibility requirements.
To apply, submit the 3 requirements below (application, essay, and letters of recommendation) and either email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or send them to:
11088 Crescent Drive
Nevada City, CA95959
* Deadline for all applications is 04/28/2017 *
Fill out the 2017 scholarship application in it's entirety. Click here to download this application.
Complete an essay explaining why you think you are a deserving recipient. The essay must be two pages, double spaced, with one inch margins and 12 point font. Be sure to include the following:
- Your musical experience
- Your current and future musical plans
- Your need for this scholarship
- Where you see yourself in 10 years
2 Letters of Recommendation
Submit 2 letters of recommendation.
1) One is to be from a person other than a member of the NU Choral Department who has knowledge of your music experience.
2) The other is to be from a person who has knowledge of your character.
- Both letters are to be from non-family members.
- Please be sure to include the date written and contact information of the writer (address, phone number and email address).